26 February 2010

High Tea at the Windsor

A couple of us decided to do spend a lovely day together. We started by visiting Southbank market and after some shopping and snack, we wandered the streets of Melbourne, past some lovely old and odd laneways. Then we did something unusual by having "High Tea at the Windsor".

What a glorious experience. We were greated by a waiter and shown to our table. We started with some lovely pink bubbly and then a three tiered platter arrived. Once we finished with this we could help ourselves to the dessert smorgasboard; the food was neverending, the desserts/cakes were just so yummy. There was even icecream and freshly made crepes. I must admit I did give up fairly early; a case of my eyes definitely being bigger than my stomach. The only disappointment, to me, was the tea was not served in fine china as I expected but just your typical cafe thick cups. All-in-all, I would love to do this again.

No comments: