10 April 2010

Burberry-Inspired Cowl

I fell in love with the Burberry-inspired cowl neck scarf and decided to spin the yarn to make it. Juliannesmith kindly provided the patternfound at http://www.thegartergirl.com/2009/12/04/free-knitting-pattern-burberry-inspired-cowl-neck-scarf/

The fleece was purchased from Karen at http://www.etsy.com/shop/WoolznYarnz Because the yarn had to be soft and possibly be worn next to the skin, we decided on BFL.

It was a BIG challenge for me because the pattern required the yarn to be thick, and I can only spin thin yarn. I managed to complete the final bobbin at my spinning group and plied them together at home. The end product was some seriously soft yarn, all ready to knit into my cowl











And here it is knitted into the cowl. Roll on winter...............

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very nice! I spent yesterday trying to learn to spin with a drop spindle, along with my oldest daughter and a friend. It looks so easy, but I don't quite have the knack yet. Did you use a drop spindle or a wheel? Can you give me any tips?