A Feast for the Senses
1. What are some of your favorite smells? What's a smell that many other people seem to like, but you don't?
I love the smell of home cooking, browning onions, and particularly garlic and I love freshly brewed coffee (throw away that instant rubbish).
I hate, detest, am violated by the smell of chewing gum, it makes me nauseous and I cannot think of a good thing to say about gum.
2. What are some of your favorite tastes? What's a taste many other people seem to like, but you don't?
Love Vietnamese foods and well, one just can’t go past any type of dessert (isn’t it the most important meal?).
I do not like the taste of steaks, chops etc. - I guess it relates to the concept of where it comes from!
3. What are some of your favorite textures? What's a texture that many other people seem to like, but you don't?
Love textures, I’m a tactile, feely-touchy person. I cannot think of a texture I do not like at this stage.
4. What are some of your favorite sounds? What's a sound that many other people seem to like, but you don't?
Love the sound of waves crashing on the shore. Just can’t beat the tranquility of the ocean.
I don’t like loud noise because of the distortion of voices. Also my skin crawls when someone scraps their fingernails down the blackboard (either this is almost eliminated now with whiteboards)
5. What are some of your favorite sights? What's a sight that many other people seem to like but you don't?
Anything natural, close to nature, scenic - very hypnotic. Once again anything aquatic.
I do not like viewing anything from heights, I like the safety of the ground or near ground viewing.
Bonus: If you could greatly enhance just one sense - say for instance see as many colors as a bird, or smell as many distinct scents as a dog - which sense would it be and why?
I think if I could see more colours I would be more frustrated by my art. I think I would like to enhance my overall vision, to take in more and see longer distance (I imagine that would be a bit of information overload from a visionary point of view).